Friday, August 1, 2014

A Blue T-Shirt Baby Quilt

Here's a just-finished baby quilt ... made from super-soft T-Shirts, and backed with cozy fleece.

ProsperityStuff Quilts: T-Shirt and Fleece baby quilt

Since a friend of mine recently had her fourth child -- and first boy -- I wanted the quilt to be extra boy-ish. So, I went with all-blue, and I wanted even the quilting to be distinctively "boy". 

ProsperityStuff Quilts: Football, Baseball, Basketball FMQ

Free-motion quilting footballs, baseballs, & basketballs all over seemed like the thing to do.

ProsperityStuff Quilts: Free-motion quilting football, baseball, basketball

It's sort of a new take on the quilting I did on my older son's NFL Quilt, and the quilting I did on my younger son's T-Shirt Sports Quilt

ProsperityStuff Quilts: T-Shirt Sports Baby Quilt

Even though the quilt doesn't technically have borders, I quilted the outside row of squares with wiggly lines, to give a little bit of an "edge" to the quilt.

ProsperityStuff Quilts: Free-motion quilting wiggly border

Even on the fleece, the quilting shows up well on the back of the quilt, which is neat.

ProsperityStuff Quilts: Free-motion quilting fleece and t-shirt quilt

I'm told that baby quilts made of T-Shirts are among the softest ones out there, and I'm hoping this one will be used and enjoyed.

ProsperityStuff Quilts: Fleece and T-Shirt patchwork jersey baby quilt

I'm always glad when I 'm able to give something tangible to congratulate a friend and welcome a new baby.

ProsperityStuff Quilts: Fleece and T-Shirt baby quilt wrapped in ribbon

Today's a great day to blog a finished quilt, because Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts has a Finish It Up Friday weekly link on her blog. I'll be linking this post there when her link-party is ready.

1 comment:

  1. All the balls in the quilting look great! Very creative of you, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...