Friday, May 18, 2012

Finished Carolina Panthers Quilt

It's done! The Black-Jeans quilt with my rendition of a Carolina Panthers logo (I mentioned my inspiration in my post a couple months ago) is all finished!


I realize that the above picture looks a lot like the picture from my post a month ago, when the quilt was not done, but there are a lot of differences ...

Some quilting ... 


Diagonally through most of the squares ... except in those spots where pockets and labels made that impractical. 




Since the backing is awesome, sturdy velvety-plush-fleece, and since there's no batting, the quilt didn't need much quilting, just enough to hold it together.


I love the backing! Super-soft and fuzzy.


The edging turned out pretty cool. I decided to go for simple, and just turn the already-finished edge of the fleece to the front and zig-zag.














The corners aren't perfect, but I'm OK with that.

 


As usual, I love all the fun jeans-y details in the quilt ...


Oh, and since it's enormous (80" x 80", I think, but I forgot to measure), this quilt weighs a ton. I think we're going to especially enjoy this when colder weather comes ... which will be just in time for football season ... 


Really happy with the way this one turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...