Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kaleidoscopes!

A few years ago, I discovered quilty Kaleidoscopes. I love them! 

There are several kinds, but the common factor involves the use of identical pieces arranged into a kaleidoscope. (When I was trying out the concept for the first few times, I searched Google for "quilt kaleidoscope" or "stack & whack quilt" for pictures and tutorials.)

Here are a few Kaleidoscope types I've made:
The six-triangles kind ...



The four-squares kind (also called "stacked posies") ...




And the eight-pointed kind ...


A couple of these kaleidoscope-y things will be showing up in other posts soon ... so, stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You've done a bunch of kaleidoscopes! I really love the stars & stripes one, it's got the wow factor, for sure. The solids one is something I'd try,it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for blogging about these. Your quilt in picture number two with the hexagons and the strips with the inset background triangles was the answer to my own troubles! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...